Applications: Rod mills are widely used in refractory, chemical, metallurgy, glass and other industries. Especially suitable for grinding operations that require high uniformity of the finished product after grinding.
Rod Mill Details
Rod mill is a kind of ore grinding mill with steel rod as grinding medium to grind materials. Rod mill design for the fine and coarse grinding of various hardness of ore materials with wet process. Compared with ball mills and vertical roller mills, rod mills process materials more delicately, and can be used in material grinding processes for fine processing needs.
As experienced rod mill manufacturers and suppliers, AGICO machinery developed the new rod mill adopts the latest production technology. Combined with the grinding materials in the actual production, the rod mill is equipped with the grinding medium steel rod with high quality steel materials. The new mining rod mill operation uses a linear contact method instead of the traditional surface contact grinding method to make the rod mill’s output more uniform and higher output. The rod mill crusher can be widely used in mineral processing, building materials, chemical industry, refractory and other industries, as well as in the grinding of materials with high requirements for the uniformity of the finished products after grinding.
Classification of rod mill
There are three main types of rod mills for sale according to different ways of discharging.
Overflow rod mill
The center of the discharge end of the overflow rod mill is provided with an overflow port with a large aperture, and the discharge port is provided with a conical cover, so as to avoid slurry splashing and steel rod sliding out of the mill barrel. Overflow rod mill is the most common mining rod mill model. The product particle size is finer than the other two rod mills, generally used to grind the crushed products, and then provide it to the ball mill for further grinding.
End peripheral ore discharge rod mill
The discharge end of this mining rod mill is located at the end of the barrel. The finished products have coarse particle size and can be used in dry, wet and wetting grinding operations.
Central peripheral ore discharge rod mill
The discharge end of this mining rod mill is located in the middle of the barrel. The product particle size is coarser than the above two types of rod mills and can be used for dry and wet grinding. The material enters the barrel from both ends of the rod mill, the grinding process is short, and it is discharged quickly. Moreover, the rod mill crusher has a high gradient and is mainly used in the aggregate and sandstone industries.
Rod Mill Working Principle
Structure of rod mill
The rod mill working principle and structure is roughly the same as that of the overflow ball mill, but there are also differences.
- Different grinding media. Unlike the ball mill machine, the mining rod mill also called steel rod mill uses a round steel rod 10-15% shorter than the barrel length as the grinding medium.
- Different grinding principles. The steel rod mill working principle is different from the ball mill machine, which is mainly reflected in the contact mode of the grinding media. When the rod mill operation is start, the steel rod in the barrel body is thrown up with the barrel body. The steel rods are in linear contact with each other. This contact mode causes the material with a larger size to be crushed first. When the steel rod rises, the coarse particles are clamped between the rods, while the smaller particles leak out of the rod gap with the slurry. This characteristic of selective grinding enables the products of the rod mill to present a more uniform shape while avoiding the occurrence of over-grinding.
- Different length-diameter ratio. The length-diameter ratio refers to the ratio of the length of the barrel to the diameter. The length-diameter ratio of the rod mill is generally 1.5-2.0. The inside of the rod mill barrel adopts corrugated or stepped type non-smooth rod mill liners.
Advantages of rod mill
- The rod mill crusher material handling capacity is large, and continuous rod mill operation can be carried out. Moreover, the rod mill efficiency is high and the stability is strong.
- The products grinded by the rod mill crusher have fine particle size and high uniformity, which can meet the production needs of different enterprises.
- The investment cost of steel rod mill is low, and the advantages of energy saving and environmental protection are outstanding.
- The steel rod is cast by high quality aluminum alloy process, with excellent wear resistance and impact resistance. During the grinding process, the loss is small and the service life is long.
|Specification(mm)||Capacity(t/h)||Output Size(mm)||Rotate Speed(r/min)||Motor Power(kW)||Weight(t)|