Wet Ball Mill
Applications: It can deal with metal and non-metal ores, including gold, silver, copper, phosphate, iron, etc. The ore that needs to be separated and the material that will not affect the quality of the final product when encountering water.
Wet Ball Mill Details
Wet ball mill is a kind of equipment which uses grinding medium and a certain amount of liquid (water or anhydrous ethanol) to grind materials. Unlike dry ball mill, wet ball mill adopts the wet grinding method.
The characteristic of wet grinding is that the material needs to be soaked in the liquid for grinding. This method can effectively reduce the chance of the material properties changing due to the temperature increase during the grinding process.
In the process of grinding, due to the different grinding materials, a proper amount of water or anhydrous ethanol will be added to the wet grinding ball mill. Steel ball and liquid participate in the grinding process together. The common ratio of steel ball, material and water in the wet grinding mill is 4:2:1. Depending on the nature of the grinding material, the actual ratio will be adjusted, and the specific ratio needs to be determined through the beneficiation test.
The working principle of the wet ball mill is basically the same as that of the dry ball mill. Both the rotation of the barrel drives the grinding medium and the material in the barrel to move together, and the purpose of grinding the material is finally achieved through the action of dropping and squeezing.
With the continuous feeding of materials, the generated pressure forces the materials that are fed first and have reached the qualified particle size to move to the discharge port of the wet grinding mill. The discharge port of the wet grinding ball mill is of the trumpet type, with a built-in screw device. The water flows out along the screw device, and the qualified materials are taken out of the ball mill at the same time.
Because there is liquid involved in the grinding process, the wet grinding mill will not produce dust during the work process, so there is no need to add other auxiliary equipment. According to the different discharging methods, wet ball mill can be divided into overflow type and grate type ball mill. Wet grinding ball mill is suitable for the treatment of materials with high moisture content, most of the ore will not produce physical or chemical reaction when encountering water, so it is also suitable for wet grinding.
Product Advantages of Wet Ball Mill
- The liners of wet ball mill in the barrel are very wear-resistant and impact-resistant.
- The gear has high bending strength, good lubrication and reliable operation.
- Wet ball mill has good energy saving and consumption reduction, with less parts wear.
- The barrel adopts closed system design, no dust and more environmental protection.
Structure of Wet Ball Mill
- Mill barrel: The mill barrel is formed by rolling steel plate. The two ends of the mill barrel are all machined. The hole on the mill barrel is used to fix the liner of the mill barrel.
- End cover and trunnion: The end cover of the inlet and outlet of the wet grinding ball mill is designed and manufactured by casting, and is connected with the mill barrel by bolts. The inlet and outlet end covers are designed with a complete supporting trunnion. The trunnion of the inlet end cover is designed as fixed support while the trunnion of the outlet end cover is designed as floating support.
- Main bearing: The bearing is mounted on the trunnion of the wet grinding mill end cover and kept in the mounting position by pressure ring. The bearing seat is welded with carbon steel.
- Base: The main bearing seat, main gear box and main drive motor are installed on the base of the wet ball mill. The base is equipped with adjusting bolts for easy adjustment. All anchor bolts are included in the range of the base.
- Feed section: The feed system of the wet grinding ball mill consists of an inlet chute lined with wear-resistant materials and a bearing block and a base to support its weight.
|Specification(mm)||Capacity(t/h)||Output Size(mm)||Rotate Speed(r/min)||Grinding Media Load(t)||Motor Power(kW)||Weight(t)|